We know that graduation is not the end of the journey. The EQA Next Steps program works with EQA Seniors and Alumni as they start life after high school.
Building Relationships and Maintaining Contact
- Students meet one on one with Next Steps coaches during their last 12 months at EQA. Together they develop a "Next Steps" Plan to guide their path to employment and higher education
- Alumni may meet one on one with Next Steps coaches at any time after they graduate for guidance and support with employment and continued education
Providing Information and Exposure
- Next Steps coaches arrange speakers, excursions, and other opportunities for students to learn about education and career options
- Alumni: check out our Next Steps Website of resources!
Providing Guidance and Support
- Next Steps coaches support students complete college applications, FAFSA and grant applications and support students to find and interview for positions.
Next Steps/Transition Contact:
The NET:Central City
In addition, any alumni with an IEP or 504 Plan may qualify for support through the Louisiana Rehabilitation Services (LRS). For more information, contact: